I had quite a few people ask me how I got my weight off after having two babies. I found myself giving the same answers over and over. Recently, I had to ask myself this question because my weight had been creeping up slowly since Christmas time. After making some changes to my routine I thought I better record this on our blog so I don't forget my own advice!
1. HAVE A WORKOUT ROUTINE
I find that the only way I can stick to my workout is if I go the same days and times every week. If you make it part of your schedule you will be more likely not to "skip it" for another activity. When you have an appointment with a trainer or a class time it will be even harder to miss it. I promise if you simply get to a workout 3 times per week you will see the pounds melt off! Once it becomes part of your routine you will have such a sense of guilt if you brush it off.
2. NO DIETS!
Diets are not a long term solution! They are a quick fix that won't last without consistent exercise. The second you deny yourself a certain food is the second you will want it more than anything. When I told myself I would stop drinking coffee I wanted NOTHING more than to pull through Starbucks. I still drink coffee loaded with sugar and realize if coffee is the worst habit I have then I'm doing pretty well. I also don't think it's healthy for kids to watch their mamas struggle over dieting. Don't you think it's better for them to see you going to your workout 3 times per week?
3. CUT BACK ON CUPCAKES & COCKTAILS!
Never deny yourself the things you love 100%. If you eat out a few times per week then maybe have dessert one night. If you like a drink with dinner maybe just have one instead of two. I know when I'm trying to be "good" I will skip an appetizer because I know I really don't need it. Fill up on salad and then you won't be so hungry for that HUGE meal.
4. SHARE A MEAL WITH YOUR MAN!
Mark and I have been doing this FOREVER. We will get a big steak and potato and then order a second salad. Not only does this cut down your portions-it helps your checkbook.
5. MAKE HEALTHY SNACKS VISIBLE!
I always keep a bowl of raw almonds on my kitchen counter. I do this so when I feel bored and just want to eat there is something good for me ready and available. This way I don't feel the need to go for the cookie or ding dong.
6. ASK YOUR MAN TO SUPPORT YOU!
I am so lucky to have a husband that supports me and my need to workout. After I had Meika he watched the girls from 6-8am 3 times per week so I could get to my workout. Now he watches them at night. We do whatever it takes to get me there and I appreciate it. Let your man know how you want to feel and look and ask them to support you.
7. SET A GOAL!
Figure out the weight that is healthy for your height and frame and then get moving. I know that 150 is good for me so I do my best to stay at this weight give or take a few pounds. I am not a slave to the scale and understand looking the way you want to look is just as important as the number.
8. SWITCH IT UP!
Your body will get used to the same old workouts so every so often switch it up! Shock your body and it will react by losing fat and gaining muscle. I started Pilates last month and I am in love! I'm working muscles I didn't know I had and love how hard my teacher makes me work. She doesn't let me quit when I think I will die if I lift my leg one more time. Find a workout you love and JUST DO IT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment